about 1 month ago
If you are an energetic Software Engineer who loves to “brew” some serious Java and who would like to:
- Develop web applications that are used by hundreds of thousands of high school, undergraduate, and graduate students annually
- Create and enhance software tools that are used by the top universities in the nation
- Work in a casual environment alongside other developers who are passionate about their craft
...then please read on!
• Creating highly scalable, innovative, and responsive applications that will be used by 10,000s of student applicants, and higher educational and professional organizations.
• Influencing build out of a suite of portal applications, leveraging modern web technologies and enterprise components to establish a multi-tenant platform for our highly -visible flagship product.
• Working as part of a multi-talented team of Java and Ruby on Rails professionals, re-architecting and integrating Java EE components and services with our existing Ruby applications.
• Developing standardized modules and tools to speed time-to-market of our applications.
• At least 5-7 years of hardcore development experience in building high volume, public-facing modern web applications on Java/J2EE/Java EE platform
• Demonstrable fluency in standard JEE technologies - JSF, JSP, JMS, JAX-RS, JTA and JPA
• At least 2-3 project implementation experience in one or more spring framework modules - Spring MVC, Spring Security, and Spring Integration frameworks.
• Expertise in building Web Services/API based on RESTful /Spring WebServices • Ability to develop, deploy, administer and performance tune web applications on JBoss AS7 (preferably) and Tomcat application servers
• Solid Hibernate - JPA development and SQL query writing skills
• Familiarity with standard architectural design patterns and development best practices
• Exposure to Agile software development and Test driven development methods.
• Good understanding of source control systems, Subversion or Git.