7 months ago
Skill Set Must Have
- Understand the basic functionality of job scheduler and workflows.
- Exposure and have worked to schedule (e.g. using cron jobs and Windows scheduler).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system installs and deployments.
- Knowledge of permissions and settings in Windows and Linux.
- Know to create, run scripts and run shell commands in both Windows and Linux.
- Ability to develop using scripting languages, especially in PowerShell.
- Understand SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and have worked in projects with established SDLC practices.
Nice To Have
- Exposure to and have worked with scheduler software Tidal and/or JAMS.
- Responsibilities Establish & use patterns to codify and configure scheduling jobs using third party vendor solution.
- Create and run unit tests on the scheduling jobs to validate the proper conditions and flow objectives are met based off requirements.
- Use Jira to log defects and resolve defects as they are assigned as part of the project.
- Develop procedures to automatically deploy developed software into multiple environments. (using DevOps tooling)
- Work with SMEs to implement scheduling jobs or reusable components as required.
- Work with testers to understand the defects reported and be able to fix them. Work with project manager to quote effort and assess progress.
Candidate should have a degree in a quantitative discipline from a University or College. Should have at least 10 years of experience programming, scripting and working with operating systems like Windows and Linux.