almost 2 years ago
The ServiceNow developer analyzes and develops quality solutions that meet a project’s requirements and specifications while minimizing subsequent maintenance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
• Design, document, develop and deliver the appropriate ServiceNow technical solutions based on information architecture, functional and non-functional requirements
• Define and review programming codes to ensure development standards are respected and are compatible with the software, analysis and design, following “best practices” for documentation
• Collaborate with business and functional analysts to develop functional specifications (user stories) in order to understand the business's solutions and complexities
• Perfect and ensure the proper execution of unit tests
• Participate in the implementation in various environments (development and test) up to production
• Adapt to changing technology, learning and applying new methods for achieving the organization’s goals
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years in software development experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Proven experience of implementing Business Services (ITSM, Procurement, Facilities Management, Asset Management, etc) using ServiceNow framework
• Strong knowledge in ServiceNow best practices and development methodology
• Knowledge and practical experience of automated testing in ServiceNow
• Experience in the real estate and/or asset management industry is an asset
• Programming experience with .NET (C#), JQuery, SQL, XML and Web services.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
• Proven leadership and organizational skills, and strong sense of autonomy and initiative
• Strong analysis, documentation and problem-solving skills; capacity to clearly understand and synthesize complex situations
• Practical experience in task estimates
• Ability to maintain a trusted relationship with business partners
• Experience with project delivery in agile mode (Scrum).
• Strong analysis, documentation and problem-solving skills.
• Autonomous, shows initiative, organizational skills and leadership.
• Bilingual and excellent oral and written communication skills