over 1 year ago
As a Cloud Specialist, you will contribute to the technical engagement and success of migration projects from on premise data centers to AWS cloud platform. Some of the activities you will be actively participating in:
- Create and implement cloud platform automation as well as monitoring and alerting elements.
- Participate in discussions with our internal teams to make recommendations to customers on the choice of technologies or the design of the solution.
- Implement server, storage, network and security infrastructures.
- Implement and test Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Architecture.
- Implement the system monitoring infrastructure.
- Ensure that all components of the infrastructure meet the appropriate standards of performance and capacity.
- Ensure that solutions are maintained to provide a high level of availability, scalability, security and compatibility.
- Ensure an efficient transition to operational teams.
What we expect
- You are able to communicate in English (French is an asset).
- You are oriented towards solutions.
- You share our values of humility and transparency.
- You comfortable being autonomous as much as working closely with team members.
- You are able to make and communicate decisions proactively.
- Work from anywhere as long as you can overlap 4 hours of productive time with our local teams in Montreal.
Tech skills we’re looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a cloud infrastructure / system administration / "DevOps” role working in complex environment management and support
- At least 2 years of experience on AWS
- Experience with Windows operating systems is a must
- Experience with Linux operating systems is an asset
- Experience with Terraform, Chef and Ansible are assets
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using Jenkins pipelines
- Experience with Git
- Experience with scripting languages Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with CloudEndure is a major plus
- Experience with Zerto is another big plus
- Experience with Inspec is an asset
- Expertise in networking including load balancing, VPCs, DNS, IPSec VPNs, and active-multi-AZ environments is an asset.
- Expertise in storage and disaster recovery for highly available solutions is also an asset.
- AWS certification(s) is a plus